Okay, before we get into ANYTHING else this week, watch this. Doooo Eeeeeet.
Life This Week
I told myself I was going to be one of those moms who comes to help with every school party and bakes the best treats for it while showing up impeccably put-together. That lasted one party. I forgot about the whole we-have-one-car thing and the it’s-freaking-cold-outside thing.
So today instead of going to play blogger mom with the DIY treats at the Winter party in my son’s classroom, I’m going to sit here and play Rune Factory with my younger son. Because it’s December and I want to hibernate, people! Not sure if I should feel like a good mom or crappy one for not letting him wear pajamas to the party today. On one side, I frakking loved pajama day. On the other though, it’s cold as hell and I’d rather he not get sick and spread his germs to the whole family again. Oh ya, and there’s a letter from his school about a pink-eye outbreak right as all of the kids are going to be sticking their grubby little kindergarten hands into snack bowls together. Joy.
Awesome Things To Do Inside Today-
- Make Your Own Mousepad: Seriously? It’s that easy? I’ve been using a promo one I got from a company I really don’t have any interest in just because it was free and I’m a cheapskate.
- Make Hot Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Share with No One: Okay, maybe share with really cute kids. I add pink sprinkles to my hot chocolate, so you better believe they’ll make an appearance every time I make a treat like this.
- Learn How To Take Better Pictures: I’ve been begging for a DSLR, and I don’t think I’m going to get it this year since we had to replace the dishwasher this month. SO I will be reading along with these tutorials about making pictures better to make up for the fact that I take mine with a 7 year old, bright pink, point-and-shoot camera.
- Make Beer Candied Bacon: There was a big discussion about this treat and the fact that one of my besties did not share with the rest of us that this even EXISTED. Loving curse words were exchanged and all was right in the world. Really though, can we make this a holiday “thing” so we can have excuses to eat it more frequently? Just at the superbowl parties isn’t enough.
Awesome Things That I *Did* Do-
My store is pretty much filled with awesome. Here are the new things in it:
- Mean People Suck Notebook– Not just because I’m a stationary addict.
- Mean People Suck iPhone Case– I can make droid cases too if there’s a demand for them.
- Mean People Suck Coffee Mug– I’m pretty sure that I suck before I finish said coffee.
- Keep Calm and Blog On Keychain– We keep writing, no matter what.
- Keep Calm and Blog On Poster– This is going up in my office to remind me when traffic drops.
- Drink Wine To-Do List Pink Wallet– I made this into hoodies before, but I love the wallet.
I did a piece on another blog I run last month about the staple pieces you need for a lady’s wardrobe. I’d love to know if there’s anything you’d add or something in there that you think you’re quite fine without.
Also, you’ll notice that the round-up is on Wednesday again instead of Monday. Twice as many of you lovely people read it on Wednesday. Fluke? Maybe. We’ll see.